Raise your hand if you use Microsoft Office 365…
Now, keep it raised if you know that account takeover in Office 365 has become the largest security threat vector in the cloud.
Yeah…not ideal for one of the most widely used, relied upon business tools, is it?
- Since 2018, there’s been a 98% rise in compromised credentials to accounts
- 99% of cloud security failures are in the customer’s portion of the responsibility model
- 56% of breaches take months or longer to discover
What’s more, since the pandemic, Office 365 has taken on a new level of importance for businesses across the world. Remote working has necessitated a rapid shift to the cloud, which is great for productivity and flexibility…but not so great from a cybersecurity perspective.
IT security teams have a tough problem to contend with. With more and more people working remotely, and more and more devices accessing a network from various locations, it’s difficult to pinpoint and resolve breaches.
Identity-based attacks have become a pressing issue as attackers are taking advantage of the gaps created by remote working to gain privileged access and infiltrate the network.
According to a global survey of IT security professionals:
- 97% have extended their use of Microsoft Office 365 as a result of the pandemic
- 88% have seen their company’s move to the cloud and digital transformation accelerate during the pandemic
- 4 in 5 have seen their organisation’s cybersecurity risk increase in the last 12 months
- 71% have suffered an average of 7 account takeovers of authorized users during the last 12 months.
So, what can be done to tackle the issue?
With Vectra Cognito, you can expect prioritised alerts that shut down account takeover attempts before the intruder has a chance to cause damage.
- Deploys in minutes with a cloud-native approach that quickly starts to monitor, detect and stop attacks.
- Regain comprehensive security coverage between Microsoft Office 365, Azure Active Directory and your local enterprise infrastructure.
- Stop unknown and known attacks and account takeovers in real time before they lead to data breaches.
- Track signs of attacker behaviour across enterprise, hybrid, data centre, Iaas and SaaS, all from a single point of control.
Simply put, Vectra allows you to be proactive rather than reactive. You can stop unusual activity in its tracks, rather than wait until damage is done.
Is your organisation missing this added layer of protection? Sign up for a free 30-day trial of Vectra to see how it could benefit your business.
- Visibility into your cloud-based environment
- The ability to detect attacks like takeovers and abuse of accounts in Microsoft 365
- The ability to detect malicious use of Microsoft services
- Protection of your data against theft and exfiltration
There’s no hardware to deploy or software to install – it couldn’t be easier!
To see what all the fuss is about, sign up for free here.